Friday, December 11, 2015

Five Minute Friday Fun: Reflect

Hi friend!

What day is it?
It's Friday!

And what does that mean?
It's time to party and have us some 5 Minute Friday fun! 

The party is at Kate's place in blog land. It's a linky party / blogger flash mob / free writing exercise. Whatever you want to call it, I say it's just plain fun - blog land style.


 ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
and GO!

REFLECT

I'm sitting here wondering what I want my life's story to reflect.

And hands down, every time, in all my ways - I want to be a light for Jesus.

As a child I remember singing a sweet little song in Sunday school while I ate my animal crackers and drank apple juice from a little paper cup {funny how some memories stick with you} that went something like:

"A sunbeam, a sunbeam,
Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.
A sunbeam, a sunbeam,
I'll be a sunbeam for Him."

I haven't eaten animal crackers in many years and for some reason apple juice gives me a stomach ache.


But, the meaning of that Sunday School song still rings true in my spirit. As an adult it's become an often whispered prayer:

Dear Jesus,

Help me each day to reflect your love and grace to every person I come in contact with.

May I have an attitude that honors you.
Help me to see others as you see them.
And help me, Lord, to reflect your love to them.

As I read my Bible each morning and am reminded of your love, grace, mercy and faithfulness help me to reflect those things through out my day.... to the unloved, the lonely, the hopeless, the misunderstood and the hurting.

I want my words to speak truth and life. Help me to encourage others.

I want to reflect Jesus ... to be like a mirror reflecting His love and grace to those around me.

I want to be a sunbeam for Him.


and STOP!



~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

So friend. What do you want your life's story to reflect?

{* Five Minute Friday Fun disclaimer- this took longer than five minutes, but was still fun and written on Friday night. I'd say that two out of three is not so bad.}

Love ya, 

6 comments:

  1. Debbie, I love this! This is also what I want my life to be. I noticed you live in FL. My husband and I will be spending Christmas and New Years in FL this year. We'll be spending time with some of his siblings.Have a great weekend! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! Thanks for leaving a comment so I know you visited my little place here in blog land. I hope you enjoy your Christmas in sunny FL. Make sure you pack shorts and flip flops It's supposed to be a warm Christmas this year.

      Delete
  2. Stopping by from FMF. I think the sunbeam metaphor is such a wonderful one. Give people light to grow and to warm them when they are cold, to brighten their day...so many wonderful things we get from sunbeams! And I too remember those little cups and snacks at Sunday School. :) Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue,
      So glad you stopped by. I think I may need to reflect a little more on being a sunbeam for Jesus. I love how you just took it deeper. Thank you! Hope you also have a wonderful week.

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful story and illustration on being a light for Jesus. I'm so proud and honored to be your husband. I know and see that light for Jesus everyday as you live for Him. I continue to lift you up in prayer every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there my love! Thank you for praying for me, encouraging me and loving me every day! Love you too!!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to visit anytime - you're always welcome here.