Friday, November 1, 2013

5 Minute Friday Fun: GRACE

Hey there friend!
And a Happy Friday to ya!

I'm joining the Friday fun once again with another Five Minute Friday writing exercise.

These one word prompts and writing for five minutes -
free and easy..... no pressure to get it just right.... just write
- have been a joy.

You see, I usually stress forever over just the right words to say and how to say them so that a normal post takes a bazillion edits before I'm ready to hit the publish button.

Tonight I'm reliving some of a conversation hubby and I had just the other day. As soon as I saw the one word prompt Lisa-Jo had given us, I knew what I'd write about - my wonderful grace giving guy. 

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

and GO!

GRACE

I tell him, "I'm sorry."

"What for?", he asks.

I try to explain, "Not always understanding. About your pain. But, since I pulled the muscle in my back I've realized a few things. It hurts! And it's not fun. And it's tiring being in pain all day."

"It's ok." is his reply.

"No, I'm not as helpful or patient or kind. At least not like you've been to me. I don't give you much grace."

Always the grace giver, he says, "I said it's ok, and it really is."

So I try to explain a bit more, "I mean like when we're out somewhere and you maybe get a twinge of pain and groan out loud. I teasingly tell you not to do that in public because you'll scare old people and children. Well, that's not grace, that's being embarrassed."

He takes my hand and now it's his turn to explain.

"I get it that you don't understand my chronic pain. Now that you've had some yourself, you can understand better. Nobody can understand if they haven't experienced it themselves. And as far as me scaring people- I know it's your weird sense of humor when you feel self-conscience. It's ok. I understand and I love you."

I guess that is grace..... understanding and loving even if I don't deserve it.


and STOP!



Five Minute Friday


Besides having a quick, fun and stress-free writing time on Friday evenings, I love one other aspect of FMF just as much, maybe even a bit more. And that would be Lisa-Jo's rule of visiting our FMF neighbors {person who linked up right before} and leaving a comment to let them know we stopped by. I enjoy reading what others have to say about our one word for the week. Of course, getting a few comments and some bloggy love in return makes my heart sing.


Love ya,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to visit anytime - you're always welcome here.