Friday, November 22, 2013

5 Minute Friday Fun: Fly

Hi friend!
Happy Friday to YOU!

Every Friday for nearly four years writers have gathered over at Lisa-Jo's place in blog land for something she calls 5 Minute Friday. It's a linky party / blogger flash mob / free writing exercise. Whatever you want to call it, I say it's just plain fun - blog land style.

Everyone spends five minutes writing on the same topic. If they have a blog, they link up to Lisa-Jo's post on that week's topic. No blog? No problem! Just leave your five minutes of writing in the comments section at Lisa Jo's place.


~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
and GO!

FLY

Sometimes it feels like I'm flying through life at supersonic speed.

I'm very goal oriented and hate to sit still. My mind is always going. Many times I'm thinking of the next thing to do while I'm still doing the first thing.

In fact, one evening when my boys were young, I told them - "I'm gonna get supper in the tub, so go jump in the oven". True story.

Yep, I was at warp speed after ball practice and before dinner and homework. Glad the kiddos were used to my craziness on these evenings and just giggled at their silly mom and got in the tub.

I don't really think this is the best way to fly live life.

I probably miss a lot of stuff. I mean, how much can get noticed and enjoyed traveling that fast. It's all just a blur as I whiz by.

Maybe I'll never just be gliding along. That would be too slow for a gal like me.

But, I do realize that this is truly not how I want to do life. I need to slow down.

I want and need to slow down enough to enjoy the moments that make up the minutes that make up the hours that make up the days that will add up to my life.


and STOP!

Five Minute Friday


Love ya,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to visit anytime - you're always welcome here.